Monday, February 9, 2009

Jack Black as Ben Franklin



4 comments:

  1. Volume 2.5, above, may not be all that far from the truth, though by all accounts Franklin was much more graceful than Jack Black. The textual source of Episode 2.5 can be found on page 501 the Norton Anthology of American Literature, for those of you who are curious.

    Btw, this is a pretty good send up of Ken Burns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairly inappropriate?

    I know this is a college course and not high school--and the profanity/vulgarity in these clips is nothing any of us have not heard (or used) before--but I think this particular use of the blog is a bit tasteless...unless there is a method to its madness, so to say. Fine for a Friday night at home, drinking a few beers with friends, but not really what I (as a fellow student) was expecting, or I should say, hoping, to find on an American Literature blog.

    But that's just my opinion. I'm sure others feel differently and are entitled to do so.

    So why do you (the poster) consider this to be art for you? Are you implying that art is something which provokes a reaction? Is this simply your way of saying you think it's a stupid question? What prompted you to post these videos and not something else? I'm not being hostile, I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music from Dances of Wolves really jives with the whole historical inaccuracy thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.